Monday, April 23, 2012

?

I've been think lately my photographic process, and I've come to the conclusion that I have been using to many cameras and lenses. I haven't gotten to know each of my lenses personalty's very well. There are a Few exceptions, I know my, OMZ 85mm F2.0, OMZ 35mm F2.0, and my Olympus 14-54mm F2.8-3.5 MK1 Very well. But i hardly know or use my OMZ 180mm F2.8 or my OMZ 28mm F3.5. And These are just a few examples. So to fix my problem I've decided shoot the next two-three weeks with only certain lenses. These lenses are, For my FD kit only my Canon 50mm F1.2 S.S.C, For my OM kit only my OMZ 50mm F1.8, and lastly for my 4/3(digital) kit only my OMZ 28mm F3.5. These limitations should force me to come up with creative workarounds to not having the correct lens for the situation. Do you guys think this is Crazy? Because maybe I'm over-thinking this? What do you guys think?

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a great idea. I also think you should journal separately what you days were like an how you felt about them alongside of the photographing and then compare the two tracks. It is a great exercise in understanding intent as well as patterns and interests.

    ReplyDelete